I am a natural light, natural emotions kind of photographer.
I have a very interactive style; my sessions are a combination of interactive invitations and physical suggestions to encourage natural emotions from my subjects, so the photos look and feel authentic–because they ARE :)
My hope is that you come prepared to have a good time, celebrate your relationships, and learn more about each other. A photo session isn’t just about smiling for the camera; it’s about exploring the relationships you have with your family, your partner, and your friends through expressing and remembering thoughts, emotions, and past experiences, and through physical interaction that expresses love and gratitude. A photo session is about smiling for each other, not for me.
During our session, I’ll try to keep things flowing at a smooth pace, making things enjoyable for everyone. I like to be interactive, and emphasize the different relationships in your group. I try to get natural emotional responses from each person. I like to move around and try different angles. I try to be less strict about “posing,” especially with young children, and look for flattering, yet comfortable, ways you can all be together.
This is how regular portrait sessions work. It’s easy peasy.
- First, you’ll book your session by signing an online agreement and submitting your retainer. I take credit cards, cash, PayPal, and checks.
- I might have you fill out one of my questionnaires to help me get to know you, and we’ll determine the location and style of your session. We can coordinate on any detail you’d like: clothing, time of day, location, etc. We can talk by phone, text, email, or any other social media outlet.
- I’ll check on the weather the days prior to your session and let you know if it’s going to be uncooperative. Weather can reschedule your session at any time. If you need to reschedule for other reasons, please try to give me 2 days notice.
- Your full payment is due when we meet for your session (or any time before).
- After your session, I will take time to edit the best of the best photos. There will be artistic processing to all your final photos. They will be edited for light, color, and crop, as well as touched up for blemishes and lint with an emphasis on making you look YOUR natural best. I don’t usually do crazy amounts of slimming or skin smoothing in Photoshop. If there are specific things (like scars, moles, crowsfeet, etc) you do/do not want edited, just let me know beforehand.
- Editing usually only takes about 2-3 weeks. I may post a small sneak peek on the blog and/or facebook so you can see how things are going in the meantime!
- You will be emailed access to an online personal preview album. From there you can order prints of all sizes, share with friends and family, and download your digital images, which are sized according to the package you purchased.
- If you find you’re looking for a higher resolution image, or a print you don’t see on my website, or even an in person or phone consultation about your orders, all you have to do is ask, and we can tailor your package to your needs.